I have recently really wanted to use a lip scrub, however as a result of my lack of funds, which in itself is a result of my lack of a job, I haven't been able to afford a good expensive one. But then I thought since when has expensive become the equivalent of good quality. So I took it upon myself to make my own cheap, clean and healthy version of a lip scrub with things found in my kitchen. If you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself isn't that right?
We've all become accustomed to just buying products, however, more often than not, homemade skincare is much better than any others you can buy, as you are aware of all ingredients mixed together. Unlike products found in the industry, surprise chemicals or any fragrances aren't there to bother you skin. This is especially beneficial for the people out there with sensitive skin.



The ingredients:

-1 Teaspoon sugar
-1 Teaspoon honey

Isn't that simple?? All you have to do is mix them together and you've got the best moisturising scrub both for clearing up any dry skin and for staying clean of harsh chemicals.
The scrub should be creamy in consistency. Not too thick and not too runny.

Just take a small amount of the scrub and apply to your lips. Gently massage, then leave mixture on you lips for 5 minutes if you have time, to achieve deep moisture. If you're in a rush however, its okay! Your lips will still be soft as ever and ready for the day.
I do find this routine to be perfect prior to applying lipstick as I am a massive fan of matte lipsticks, and this lip scrub help to keep my lips in tip top shape.

The great thing about this is that while the sugar removes any dry flakes of skin, the honey works to repair and moisturise the whole of you lips. Honey is what makes this simple recipe special.
Honey is quite miraculous and can also be used as an all over the face mask to deeply moisturise your face. It can be left on overnight, however that might just be too sticky for my liking.

After you're done using it place the leftovers in a container for next time. If you're not bothered, then hey! At least its cheap and not much of a hassle! I highly recommend this recipe and I'd love it if you would leave a comment and let me know what your opinion is too if you do in fact try it. Good luck!

HOMEMADE SUGAR LIP SCRUB | DIY

Posted on

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Category

,

,

Leave a Reply