Before reading this post head on to my follow up post here, as this review does not truly apply anymore.
Before the Aveeno range, I did try using two other products, however I was developing dryness and I am accounting that to the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Daily Cleanser. I used to have normal to combination skin, and after a while I started to notice increased dehydration and tightness to my skin, so I thought it was time for a change. What I changed to, however wasn't a great choice either for me as I started using the St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser which is also quite drying. I still use the Green Tea cleanser sometimes however, when I am suffering from break outs as it is great for disinfecting and drying out any active acne.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser 
After the horrifying drying effects of the previous two cleansers, I came across the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser, which is much, much more gentle on my dry to normal skin. I use it as an initial cleanse to remove my makeup as well as my second cleanse to make sure all dirt and grime is completely gone after a long day of it being exposed to the perils of the concrete city. It does not irritate and leaves skin feeling comfortable and soft, possibly because it is oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic, as the Aveeno website states. I don't think this is a miracle cleanser, and the brightening claims Aveeno makes I have not seen reflected in my skin even after lengthy use, however it definitely does the job nicely without bothering my skin. Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser retails for AU $13.99.

Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
After getting along quite nicely with the cleanser I decided why not give the rest of the range a chance, so I also started using the scrub. The scrub, in my opinion, is the piece de resistance of the range. It is simply amazing. The formula integrates finely milled particles that do not harm the skin even even if you are suffering with more sensitive skin. Following daily use it really did brighten my skin, making my acne scares and hyperpigmentation fade away in record time. Aveeno advertises that the product "Helps improve skin tone, texture and clarity to reveal brighter, more radiant skin." Quite brilliantly, the scrub lives up to all those claims and all the expectations I had. "It’s also oil free, soap free, noncomedogenic, hypoallergenic and gentle enough for everyday use, even on sensitive skin." Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub also retails for AU $13.99.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser
This moisturiser I was very cynical about at first. I tend to have bad experiences with SPF loaded moisturisers. Firstly, I feel like once I apply them, they form this oily, grimy layer on my skin on top of which I cannot blend my foundation properly, and secondly, they tend to increase the amount of sebum released on my nose compared to SPF-cream-less day. To my surprise, however, this cream did none of that. It is very rare that I find and daily cream that I get along with so well. The Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser comes in a pump, which not a lot of creams do, and with which I am very satisfied. It takes about one and a half pumps to cover my whole face, and after application the most amazing thing happens. It sinks right into the skin. POOF! The cream works very well as a daily moisturiser as it helps keep your skin hydrated and plump, while also defending it from the angry burning rays of mother nature. If used in conjunction with the rest of the line I do believe it also aids in brightening, evening out skin tone and keeping it fresh and healthy. It's no surprise that this cream is award winning and a bestseller. Because of its moisturising properties and the way it sinks into the skin I do think any skin type out there can be completely comfortable with using this daily moisturiser. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser retails for AU $19.99.

"POSITIVELY RADIANT® is a collection of facial care products uniquely formulated to target all 5 FACTORS OF RADIANCE® .

Clinically shown to improve:
- Tone
- Texture
- Brown Spots
- Dullness
- Blotchiness

It’s oil free, hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic."

Overall I do really love this brightening line. The claims laid out above can really be achieved with the use of the whole line. I do not think that the use of only one product will make much of a difference. Except for the scrub, the scrub makes a difference even on its own. If you're not aiming for the brightening results, however, I do say go ahead and use any or all of these products if you were considering it and could not make up you mind. They are wonderful products. If you find that all of these products are too pricy and you have to pick only one I would say definitely purchase the scrub. It will make a big difference in the quality of your skin.
If you are a gal suffering from very sensitive skin however, you might find you may want to consider using the Ultra-Calming range which may work better for you, just so you aren't taking any chances.

What you think of this line? Was it good for you or was you experience no so great? Do you recommend something even better? Let us all know!

AVEENO BRIGHTENING SKINCARE RANGE | REVIEW

Posted on

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Category

,

Leave a Reply