I am your average drugstore foundation user and until recently I was using the Revlon Colourstay Foundation, however I did notice it had become too heavy for me. My skin type has for some reason changed from quite oily to more on the dry/dehydrated side and after suffering from some terrible break outs my Colourstay had started to cling to the dry patches on my face, so I decided it was time for a change.


I had noticed the Covergirl 3 in 1 being hyped up recently so I decided to give it a go and here are my thoughts on it.



The hassle with choosing a drugstore foundation is choosing the right shade. I think I did go one shade too light this time with picking it up in Classic Ivory 810, I can still pull it off pretty well though and I think it's just because i've been tanning too much lately, but tans fade, and I think it does perfectly match my natural skin tone. 

On the Covergirl website it is advertised as a "All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long." To be honest I don't know what to say about the primer claim, because actual primers never seem to make a difference anyway, but it is long wearing. The first time I wore it, I applied it in the morning and when I got home at night I felt bad removing it because it still looked intact and soooo pretty. The concealer claims for me are bogus, as I do need no use a concealer after application to conceal the hyper pigmentation peeking through and my dark undereye circles. If you do have nice skin though, it would definitely be enough to cover any minor imperfections and some redness. I would say it is Light to Medium coverage. 
Over all it is a great foundation. Much better than my Revlon Colourstay Foundation. It has a creamy consistency, and it is easy to apply, however it does set quite fast but not fast enough to not give you time to blend it in. I do recommend applying it gradually on each area of your face though, not letting it set anywhere you may not be blending yet. I find that applying it with my fingers warms it up and allows for better application and blending. The product does not cake and has a smooth, matte, velvety finish that controls oil in my T-zone for a good couple of hours. It also doesn't cling to dry patches like the the Colourstay and gives skin quite a natural appearance. Only little product, less than a pump, is needed to get the product to provide coverage to my whole face. It gives decent coverage but doesn't make you look like you piled on all the foundation in your makeup stash. It is buildable to a certain extent, very comfortable on the skin and it does not make my skin feel itchy which many foundations tend to do after some wear. 

The packaging is nice, comfortable to use, and it has a pump which makes me happy. The only downside is that you have to be careful, because it pumps out too much product for one application.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is available in a wide range of shades, from fair to dark and can be purchased for the retail price of $19.95 AU

I had never tried any Covergirl foundations before this, so for me this was a really good first experience. What do you think? Do you like this foundation? Is Covergirl something you go for? Do you recommend any thing else from the brand?

COVERGIRL OUTLAST STAY FABULOUS 3 in 1 FOUNDATION | REVIEW

Posted on

Thursday 6 February 2014

Category

Leave a Reply